Do you love working with kids and inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Instructors at Juni Learning work directly with students ages 5-18 by teaching weekly, online coding classes. All classes are taught remotely, using the curriculum and digital tools developed by Juni.
We've designed the instructor role to be a flexible part-time position. Instructors can set their availability and generally work with their students at a regular time, once or twice a week. We expect a minimum commitment of teaching 5 hours per week.
Why Work with Juni Learning?
- Competitive hourly compensation, with opportunity to earn bonuses.
- Opportunities for advancement and management based on performance.
- Flexible and fun work environment - set your own schedule, work from anywhere with an internet connection, and connect with other instructors and staff.
- Experience being an early part of a young, growing team.
- Build your network of highly skilled professionals and graduates from top colleges.
- Educate and inspire the next generation of kids!
Responsibilities & Expectations
Commitment to providing students a great education:
- Instructors use the curriculum guidance and teaching tools developed by Juni Learning. Each course is 50 minutes long, taught online, and may be a private (1:1) or semi-private class.
- We look for instructors with a great attitude and desire to help kids build resilience and grit alongside their coding skills.
Professionalism and initiative:
- Treat all students and parents with respect. Foster a safe community.
- Act in accordance to a high standard of ethics, and maintain family and student confidentiality and privacy.
- Take initiative to solve or anticipate problems early or refer to another Juni Learning employee.
- Flexibility to changing needs, and ability to collaborate with co-workers for any issues that may arise.
Serve as an ambassador for Juni Learning:
- Maintain high-quality teaching and professionalism.
- Promote our values and mission, and serve as a role model for kids of all backgrounds and ages.
- College-level coursework in computer science. Instructors will be assigned different students and courses to teach based on their experience.
- Experience working with young students and track record in improving student outcomes.
- Passion for building interest in computer science in kids and teenagers (ages 5-18).
- Commitment to work a minimum of 5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Strong communication skills, especially with families (both children and adults).
- Work authorization in the US or the UK.
How to Apply
Get in touch with us by sending a little information about yourself and your resume to email@example.com. You can also send us an email with any additional questions.