As the AP Exam approaches this May 15th, College Board recently announced that there will be some unique changes to this year's test in response to school closures and the impacts of COVID-19. Learn more about these changes from Juni AP CS Instructor Gabriel in his overview video and other Exam Resources below.
- College Board: Official Coronavirus Updates and APCSA Exam Guide
- College Board: Getting Ready for Exam Day
- College Board: Official Testing Guide
- College Board: Exam Day Checklist
- 2020 AP Computer Science A Sample Exam
- College Board: Java Quick Reference Guide
We highly recommend you visit College Board's Official Exam page to familiarize yourself with the details, and stay updated with College Board's latest announcements.
More AP CS Exam Prep Resources
To help students better understand the new exam format and best prepare for their 2020 AP Computer Science A Exam, our our Juni AP CS Instructors have put together several tutorial lessons:
- AP Computer Science A: 2020 Exam Tips & Tricks
- 2020 Sample Free Response Question #1 Tutorial: Arrays/Array Lists
- 2020 Sample Free Response Question #2 Tutorial: Methods & Control Structures
Visit our previous blog post for more AP Computer Science A information on:
- Curriculum Goals
- Transfer Units & Courses for Top Schools
- Advice from Previous AP CS Students
Our final and best tip is to get plenty of rest leading up to the test. You got this!
Is AP Computer Science right for me?
The official prerequisite for AP Computer Science A is first-year high school algebra, including function notation and other algebraic problem solving skills. Overall, the course recommends a solid foundation in mathematical reasoning. At Juni, we offer an AP Computer Science A Course to help students succeed in both their course and Exam.
However, having worked with many students taking this course, we have found that some prior coding experience really helps students be successful in this course. At Juni, we recommend students who are new to programming start with our Python Level 1 and sometimes our Python Level 2 course before moving into Java.
At Juni Learning, we offer online coding classes for kids, and many of our highly qualified instructors are pursuing a Computer Science major at UC Berkeley or other similar top universities. Learn more on our coding courses page, or speak with a Juni Advisor today by calling (650) 263-4306 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find the course best for your child.